Happiness is a state of mind. That says to me If I am not happy with my body then, I may not end up being happy with anything. So it's no wonder Obese people tend to be depressed and suicidal.
Next time you see a fat person give them a hug!
Yeah i can def. see that. I also think that for heavier set people its really hard to have motivation to get that weight off. For "smaller people" its just hard work for a month n they could have lost the amt of weight they wanted (and hopefully kept it up) but i think for "bigger people" there's more to work with which means more time before changes are seen and that also prevents people from wanting to work out. hahaha i know for me, I hate going to the gym b/c i don't want people to see me busting my ass and sweating my ass off. I can only imagine how other people feel.
I think you can make your own happiness. If someone is unhappy with something in their life that they can change, like their body, they should take the responsibility upon themselves to make that change to make them happier as a person.
I'll just leave this here... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1993368502337678412#
The video focuses on women in the media, but it can be applied to men, as well. Women aren't the only ones influenced by the media when it comes to appearances. I think people lose sight of that.
Depression is a state of mind. It also doesn't discriminate against body type. You don't have to be obese to suffer from depression and you don't have to suffer from depression to be obese.
This was simple and to the point. The media gives everyone such a close-minded view on so called 'fat people'. I think God made everyone different, and truthfully, perfect girls are not cute.
I LOVE that last line, hahahahah. That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteYeah i can def. see that. I also think that for heavier set people its really hard to have motivation to get that weight off. For "smaller people" its just hard work for a month n they could have lost the amt of weight they wanted (and hopefully kept it up) but i think for "bigger people" there's more to work with which means more time before changes are seen and that also prevents people from wanting to work out. hahaha i know for me, I hate going to the gym b/c i don't want people to see me busting my ass and sweating my ass off. I can only imagine how other people feel.
ReplyDeleteI'd just like to point out that you don't have to be obese to be unhappy, depressed, or suicidal.
ReplyDeleteThough I do understand what you're saying.
ReplyDeletethe last line also made me laugh, life is all about perception, have a positive outlook and the rest of the things will fall into place so quickly.
ReplyDeleteI think you can make your own happiness. If someone is unhappy with something in their life that they can change, like their body, they should take the responsibility upon themselves to make that change to make them happier as a person.
ReplyDeleteI'll just leave this here...
ReplyDeletehttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1993368502337678412#
The video focuses on women in the media, but it can be applied to men, as well. Women aren't the only ones influenced by the media when it comes to appearances. I think people lose sight of that.
Depression is a state of mind. It also doesn't discriminate against body type. You don't have to be obese to suffer from depression and you don't have to suffer from depression to be obese.
ReplyDeletebeauty is in the eyes of the beholder. if you dont find yourself beautiful, in whatever form you analyze yourself... no one else will.
ReplyDeleteThis was simple and to the point. The media gives everyone such a close-minded view on so called 'fat people'. I think God made everyone different, and truthfully, perfect girls are not cute.
ReplyDelete