Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Heavy Stuff!

Over eating is a addiction and America sure is tempting the addict. Especially here in the south there is fast food and resturants on every corner instead of activites and shopping like northern states. This makes me ask the question is it planned? Keeping us unhealthy would allow us to die early to keep population down and hospital bills high. What Im saying is are they trying to kill us on purpose. Is there a reason I could get pizza and french fries at school everyday in middle school if I wanted.? America needs to invest money into fresh fruits and veggies and let process foods go.

You are what you eat scarey thought when all thats available is junk. I don't want to be trash. Do you?

1 comment:

  1. I know a lot of people who ask those same questions, but I think the questions are a bit extreme.
    For example, school systems have the types of food they do (pizza, fries, etc) because they have to make a certain amount of money in order to have enough funding to buy the few healthy food items they offer (healthier foods do tend to be more expensive...). If kids don't buy enough food, the school systems lose money on the lunch program, and the food will get worse than it already is.
    Culturally, the south has been known for its "good, country, home cooking" for quite some time. It's not really a suprise that we have so many places to eat and not as many places to shop or participate in activities.
    There are other ways to control the population other than poisoning the nation with fast food. If that were the case, hospitals wouldn't offer programs for people to get back to being fit, and many companies (including those operated by the state government) wouldn't offer pay bonuses for the employees who meet a certain health criteria (for example, Progress Energy).
    I do like your closing statement, and the post gave me a lot to think about. Can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete