Tuesday, October 26, 2010

WTF

Wake county schools have a million dollar contract with pepsi to sell drinks filled with sugar. Yes the same drinks that can help with picking up something  called type 2 diabetes. Without this contract wake county schools wouldn't make it but I have one question. WTF?

5 comments:

  1. Eating the correct what starts at home... This is what kids want, so this is what the school systems do in order to keep their funds. It's sad, but until the parents start to bring their children up a little bit differently, it wont change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they should start selling more diet drinks? It's also up to the kids to decide what they want to drink

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree, i believe that selling unhealthy drinks won't change. They sell way to much to kids who don't realise that not only are they wasting money but they're purpetuating the obesity problem. Nothing is wrong with drinking soda, but its the amount of soda that's the problem. I like soda, but i only drink diet. And I actually want more healthier drinks, like diet green tea or flavored water, but whatcha gonna do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as Wake Tech has gone up on their tuition rates, I'm sure they could easily do without this kind of contract. Maybe they're doing it for some extra pocket change? They could definitely use the extra money to build more parking lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Heather. More parking lots are needed, perhaps a double-decker. or better yet, a triple! The school cleared out that large lot behind the Early Childhood building...maybe they should utilize that space for this much needed project.

    You could taken a jab at the school system by mentioning that tuition hike. Not that your really trying to drive anything home, but it's a thought.

    ReplyDelete