Watching people during thanksgiving I realize it's become an holiday to excuse over eating.
My mother cooked fried turkey, baked ham, dressing, cakes. pies, and collards.
She felt like she didn't cook enough. I joked and said no wonder I am fat! I cant' blame anyone but myself but dang she put it right in front of me and who am I to say no. The truth is though who will I end up being if I can't learn to say no to food just because it look's good.
You have a very good point with this. I remember eating SOOooo much that my stomach actually hurt and I had to lay down to feel better. Its rediculous to eat so much at one time. I think Thanksgiving is a great way to have great food and great family together though. I think people just have to learn to eat in moderation. I, for example, wanted a little taste of everything so i put about a golf ball size amt. of everything on the table on my plate so i could at least sample everything. By the end I had gotten to taste everything and felt full, but not sickening.
ReplyDelete